Sunday 27 September 2009

The name's Bond - Jane Bond!


When we chose the middle name - James- for our eldest son we didn't realise that 18 years later he would elect to have a party theme for his namesake and the world's most famous James - Bond.
So last night 100 of us gathered in a local hall to celebrate the occasion.
The DJ had done a wonderful mix of Bond themes and the hall looked amazing - if I do say so myself.
My mum went as the Judi Dench "M" and I went for a Bond girl look.
I found this Karen Millen dress hiding in the back of my wardrobe shouting "pick me."
I hadn't worn it for a couple of years but this is a magic dress.
Even though I am the heaviest I've been for five years this dress picks out all your best bits and skims over the rest with a lovely ruche around the waist.
I gave my daughter the silver dress I will never fit into again and it got a great evening out.
The men in my life begged, borrowed and hired Tuxedos to complete the look.
My dad found his in a local charity shop.
Here's a collage of the night.


18 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting your collage! Your family is beautiful! Your 18yr old is absolutly dazzling! A perfect James Bond. Glad you had a great celebration. Have a lovely Sunday. Ciao. A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great family photo! Your boys are so handsome! And you daughter looks so grown up in that silver dress :)

    PS very sexy in that wiggle dress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful! What great photos and it sounds like a fun event!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great looking family! You all belong in Monte Carlo, for sure.

    I have an award to offer you, if you'd care to come on over to Struggling to be Stylish to collect it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah great photos - your son knew James Bond would work for him! A good look...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there-oh it looks like you all had an awesome night and what a gorgeous dress too!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a clever theme for a party! You have a beautiful family and you look absolutely GORGEOUS in that dress! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great post! You and your husband have such beautiful children, and what a super fun way to celebrate an 18th birthday for your son. Love that idea Jane, Jane Bond! :)
    Love the dress, the colors look great on you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun idea for a party! Happy birthday to your son.

    Love your dress, Jane.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi there-so pleased the party was such a lovely success and your dress is just gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks everyone. Today wil be spent taking suits to dry cleaners and returning to hire shop. Great memories though!

    ReplyDelete
  12. so cute- what fun! thanks for posting pictures!

    I'm glad you pulled that dress out, it deserves more attention ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. you look quite stunning in this dress fo sho!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome event for your son and family! What a wonderful way to "welcome" your sons birthday.

    And as usual, you look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW! YOU look GORGEOUS, your dress is solely ELEGANT and your FAMILY is BEAUTIFUL!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. you look wonderful. The dress matches the colors of your wardrobe challenge too.

    Darla

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love it! What a great party theme and how fun for everyone to get dressed up and take those great family shots! You all look stunning and your dress is amazing, it couldn't be more figure flattering!

    S.

    ReplyDelete

First 24 Hours in India

  Ten years after qualifying as a yoga teacher I finally realised a dream - to travel to the birthplace of yoga. I have been planning this t...